Wednesday, 26 May 2010

Totally You

Altered a pine frame surrounding a mirror by using alcohol inks on the wood. Cut out the hearts with white cs on Cricut and distressed with various distress inks to get depth and shading. Printed out some text on puter and cut out a scalloped heart shape with it on Cuttlebug embossed and distressed the edges. Cut out the words 'Totally You' on white cs back on the Cricut and again shaded with distress inks and glittered. Added some flowers.

Card made from peel off negative

Made use of a peel off negative (bits left behind from a peel off that has been used) by adhering magic paper over the negative and rubbing fairly hard so it transferred to the magic paper. Then adhered the magic paper complete with negative to rainbow cs. Layered onto gold and then black cs. Used a white card base and covered with 2 pieces of SU paper. Made a gold band to go across one corner. Adhered the negative to the card base but also added a couple of peel offs over the front to cover a mistake where I hadnt completely got the negative !!!!! argggghhhh ...... Added a flower put a gem in the middle and decided enough was enough ......... yeah :)

Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Bookatrix card

Gold mirri board embossed and cut out on bookatrix board with peel offs added. Pale green card prepared same way. White card prepared same way each in a smaller size to last one. Ribbon adhered around the top 2 pages. All pages adhered together down middle strip. Further peel off embellishments adhered to front of card.

Thursday, 20 May 2010

wall hanging

In the new year when ordering a chinese take away the shop owners gave me a new year calendar as a freebie for ordering but it was covered in advertisements. I sponged the bottom half of the calendar with all sorts of inks trying to make a landscape of water and earth. I stamped the mermaids with a Clarity Stamp and coloured them with Sakura Gel Pens and then covered their scales with glaze so in real life they shine very nicely. The sky was made with acrylic inks, blue and white mixed till it was pale enough and then I added water to make it a thin wash. The fairies I cut out on Cricut with SCAL2. The butterflies are a cuttlebug die cut two layers of black and white. Looks much nicer in RL !!

Tuesday, 18 May 2010

Dream Frame

A pine framed mirror. I used alcohol inks to cover the wood. The leaves were cut out from wallpaper. The butterfly was cut out on a cuttlebug and embossed with cuttlebug folder and then distressed with distress inks. The word DREAM was cut out on a Cricut using SCAL2 slightly distressed with distress inks coloured around the edge with a pro marker and glittered with glitter glue.

Monday, 17 May 2010

I've been framed .....

I bought the frames off a car boot for 30p each in fact I bought 6 but have only worked on one up to now. I used alcohol inks on the front of the wood and edges. I added gold peel offs. I cut all my embellishments with the Cricut using SCAL2. I distressed the hinges and flower and heat embossed with embossing powders. I added a gem in the middle of the flower and put glitter on the fairy.

Monday, 10 May 2010

Milady's feather

White cs. SU paper for background. Image taken from my computer backed onto black cs. Added feather and dancing shoes.

Hubby's card (my toy boy) :)

I printed all the papers used for this card even the vellum in the middle
I used the Cuttlebug to cut out the various sizes of the deckled oblongs.
The label on the front cut out with Cricut and edged it with gold touch pen
The heart was cut out from Cuttlebug and stamped and embossed with gold embossing powder and then the background was coloured with distress inks.
The red heart on the back was cut out from a MS punch.
The pages inside (all different sized die cuts of the deckled oblong) have been decorated with various messages right down to the middle one. The one white page inside also has a message and I edged it with the gold touch pen again. Added various peel offs

From the heart ......

Black cs covered with an SU paper and distressed with brick red distress ink. The sentiment was cut out on a Cricut Expression. I covered in Versamark and then heat embossed with red embossing powder. Stamped a pattern over the words with Black StazOn. The heart was cut out on a Cuttlebug and embossed with cuttlebug folder. Painted the heart with red acrylic paint and then I sanded the colour off the raised embossed parts.

Sunday, 9 May 2010

Thank You

Black cs covered in 2 SU papers one of them punched at bottom edge with MS punch.Both distressed around the edges. Thankyou sentiment cut out Cricut Expressions using SCAL 2 programme. Sentiment distressed and flowers painted with Cosmic Shimmers Sparkle Paint. Gems added to flower centres. Square button cut out on Cuttlebug and embossed and distressed. Wool threaded through the centre.

Friday, 7 May 2010

Vellum Card

White cs for base. Covered with printed vellum. Cuttlebug die cuts on top with gold peel offs for edging and sentiment.

Pretty Flowers

White base cs. SU papers. Flowers printed from Flowers and Faux Finishes CD using MCS. Cut the flowers out with cuttlebug die (scalloped circle) and gently glittered. Sentiment was made from Safmat.

Thursday, 6 May 2010

Shaker card and mono again

The shaker card was made from punched and cuttlebug die elements which I embossedand distressed. The frame was cut out on Cricut Expressions. I used seed beads for the shaker bits. The other card is silver cs with cut out elements from flocked wallpaper.

A couple of mono cards

These were made from shapes cut out on Cricut using SCAL2. The black leaf and flower embellishments were cut out of wallpaper and are flocked.

Decoupage and die cut cards